Join this year’s YAA Jury!
The Junior Galway Film Fleadh is excited to be partnering with the European Film Academy (EFA) to take part in the EFA’s Young Audience Award online once again on Sunday 25th April. If you are a young adult aged between 12-14 years old with a keen interest in film and would like to be part of our online jury then we want to hear from you.
So what is it exactly?
The EFA Young Audience Award is a simultaneous, Europe-wide, film viewing event for young people aged between 12 – 14 years. It’s like the Eurovision, but for films! Participation is free.
• Each participating city involves an audience of young people who will vote for their favourite film
• From 22rd to 24th April the 3 nominated films will be available to stream to jury members
• On Sunday 25th April, the 3 nominated films will be discussed with jury members online and voting will take place followed by a livestream of the Awards Ceremony on the EFA website
This year’s nominated films are the highly acclaimed Irish animation Wolfwalkers (Ire/Lux), a World War II family drama called The Crossing (Norway) and Pinocchio (Italy/France) a new imagining of the classic tale.
Why should I take part in the jury?
Being on the jury for the Young Audience Award:
- Offers a unique opportunity to discover great European films
- Presents films which reflect the realities of young people all over Europe
- Raises interest in European stories, people, cultures and societies
- Builds bridges to exchange different points of view
- Increases awareness of important social issues
- Stimulates commitment, a sense of community, understanding and tolerance
How can I be part of the jury?
• for young people aged from 12 to 14
• You must be attending school/home schooled in the West of Ireland
• You must have an active interest in cinema
• Be available to attend a preparation workshop (90 mins)– on Saturday 17th April – time tbc
Applications are now closed for this year’s event. If you’d like to take part in 2022 applications will open in Feb 22.
Galway Film Fleadh and Luxembourg City Film Festival are delighted to announce a new festival...
2020-05-14: The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today confirmed that the Galway Film...
Following the announcement from the government that cinemas will remain closed until August...