Become a Short Film Screener at Galway Film Fleadh
Application Now Closed
The Galway Film Fleadh is the central hub for short films in Ireland. The Fleadh is an Academy Awards ® qualifying Film Festival, for Documentary, Drama and Animation shorts.
We are now looking for new short film lovers to join our dynamic team of screeners for the Galway Film Fleadh 2024! We’re seeking passionate individuals to preview and evaluate live-action drama, animation, and documentary short films.
- A CV or short professional work bio.
- A concise (max four lines or thirty seconds filmed) review on a recent short that you enjoyed and why.
- Personal Statements (max two pages, written or three minutes filmed). These statements must;
- detail your fit for the team and engagement in shorts..
- specify your preferred short film medium or genre (Documentary, comedy, horror, foreign language).
- tell us a little bit about yourself and background
Application deadline: 12pm GMT Friday February 23, 2024
- Commit to watching 20+ short films per week (in your own time) providing a brief evaluation on each film.
- Attend a maximum of three online meetings with the short film team.
This is a remote role, with no in-person days or set times/dates required (at this time)
- No previous screening experience required but it is an advantage; onboarding support provided for all screeners.
- Applicants must be 18+ but this role is not recommended for students in full time education.
- Applicants must demonstrable enjoyment and passion for the medium of short films, not just film in general.
We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and underrepresented communities in the film industry to apply.
Screeners from outside Ireland are welcome to apply.
- A short list of applicants will be invited for an informal online interview.
- Screeners will start in March, until mid-May approximately (with flexibility).
- The selected screeners will be provided an information and welcome session over zoom with the other screeners, in advance of starting in March.
How to Apply:
Fill out the Application Form below. Any queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application without all requested materials will not be taken into consideration.
This is an entry opportunity, screeners will be paid a small fee.
This role has clearly defined avenues for advancement within the short film team and wider Galway Film Fleadh.
Multiple screeners will be selected.
Please address questions to – email@example.com.
Join us in celebrating the art of short films and contribute to the 36th Galway Film Fleadh!