The annual Pitching Competition, now known as the Wild Atlantic Pitching Competition at the Film Fleadh has provided many screenwriters with an opportunity to get their first toehold in the industry. Ten finalists have been selected to pitch their idea as an ‘Elevator Pitch’ of 90 seconds, in front of an audience and a panel of industry judges on the closing day of the Fleadh.
The ten finalists are:
- Eimear Morgan – Billy Rubin + the Shunts
- Jacqueline Walsh – Dullahan
- Diarmaid Shortall – Hand of God
- Geraldine McAlinden – Slippery Slopes
- Sophia Tamaro – The First Orgasm
- Conor Curran – The Forest
- Keelan Gallagher – The Light
- Janet Hawkins – The Luckiest Village in Ireland
- Michael Mallie – The Sperm King
- Isabelle Blanche – The Squad
2022 Winner, Mo O’Connell said, “Winning the Pitching Competition gave me huge confidence in developing my project “Haven” that is now a multi-award-wining short film which in turn, helped me to create a market ready bible for it that I brought to Berlin’s EFM and this year at the Galway Marketplace. My pitch launched me from zero to here. It’s unbelievable!“
Join us on Sunday 16th July from 12pm to 2pm at the Galmont Hotel for the final of the Wild Atlantic Pitching Competition to hear the 10 finalists present their ideas to the judging panel. The winner will be announced at the Film Fleadh Awards Ceremony and will receive a cash prize of €3000. The Judging Panel will be announced shortly.
Thank you to everyone who entered the competition.
This is a free event, but registration is mandatory. Please register here.