Child Protection Policy
DOWNLOAD AS .PDF
The Junior Galway Film Fleadh are committed to a child-centred approach in our work with children and young people. We undertake to provide a safe environment and experience, where the welfare of the child/young person is paramount.
We will adhere to the recommendations of Children First Act 2015, and the Children First: National Guidance, and Tusla’s Child Safeguarding: A Guide for Policy, Procedure and Practice.
We have implemented procedures covering:
- Code of behaviour for all staff – whether permanent staff, volunteers, facilitators or interns
- Reporting of suspected or disclosed abuse
- Recruiting and selecting staff
- Managing and supervising staff
- Circulating information to staff, primary carers and participants
- Allegations of misconduct or abuse by staff
- Complaints and comments
- Incidents and accidents
This policy will be reviewed annually at the Board of Directors yearly review meeting and at least two months prior to annual festival event.