31st Galway Film Fleadh Tuesday 9th to Sunday 14th July 2019
To book over the phone, please call our box office on 091 - 569 777
- A feature film is considered to be 52 or more minutes in length.
- Submission fees and deadlines:
- Earlybird Friday, January 18th, 2019 Fee €30
- Regular Friday, March 15th, 2019 Fee €40
- Late Friday, March 29th, 2019 Fee €50
- Methods of payment:
- Credit/debit cards (processed by PayPal – look out for ‘Pay by card’ or “Login as guest” while paying)
- If you cannot pay with a credit or debit card, please contact the office
- The final deadline for the festival’s office to receive the required submission material(s) is on or before Friday March 15th, 2019 at 5p.m. The festival is not obliged to view late entries. After this date, digital submission forms will be unavailable online and any physical submission materials received will not be accepted.
- All languages of film are accepted. Submissions and screeners must contain English subtitles.
- All categories and genres of film are accepted.
- DVDs, Blu-rays, USB storage devices or digital screener links are accepted at submission stage. If submitting a file transfer, please limit your file size to 4GB or less. Please label all physical submission materials with the film title, director’s name, length, if screener is a rough cut and available screening format(s). We will accept any private download or passworded link i.e. Vimeo, WeTransfer, Dropbox, Cinando, YouSendIt, RightsTrade etc. YouTube links of any kind are not accepted. Physical submissions materials must be marked “No Commercial Value” or they shall not be accepted. Send any physical submission materials to:
Feature Film Submissions,
Galway Film Fleadh,
36D Merchants Dock,
- If your film is accepted to exhibition at our event, we will require a high-resolution exhibition copy that must be one of the following 4 formats:
Note: Our DCP capable venues support differing standards of DCP. We will advise you of which type of DCP is required upon successful selection into the festival.
WE DO NOT SCREEN FROM DVD or STANDARD DIGITAL FILE (avi, mp4, mkv, etc.).
- Upon successful selection into the festival, you will be required to fill out a technical sheet detailing formatting specification such as aspect ratios and audio levels. This is to ensure that we can provide your film with its the best possible screening.
- In all categories, any film that has been previously broadcast (television or online video-on-demand, including YouTube) in Ireland or screened at another festival shall have less priority in programming terms than those that will premiere at the festival. All competition categories are judged by the audience and/or a jury of industry professionals. A full list of categories is available at the bottom of the page.
- The festival gives priority to World, European and Irish premieres in considering competition categories. If your film has premiered elsewhere in Ireland it will be screened out of competition if selected.
- If selected, you will be informed of the latest date at which prints must be delivered to the festival. The sender must meet the cost of shipping prints to the festival. The festival will pay for one-way return shipping of prints only. All prints will be returned during the week following the close of the festival.
- The entrant agrees that up to three minutes of their film (visual or audio) may be used by the festival in promotional activities. These can include screening a clip on television, radio, the festival’s website, promo reel and/or social media presences.
- The festival does NOT pay screening fees for titles that have been submitted.
- The festival reserves final say on the awards categorization of successful entrants.
- Best Irish Feature
- Best Irish First Feature
- Best Irish Feature Documentary
- Best International Feature
- Best International First Feature
- Best International Feature Documentary
- Best Cinematography in an Irish Feature
- Bingham Ray New Talent Award
- Best Human Rights Feature Award