The Galway Film Fleadh is seeking to appoint a new team member to provide digital administrative support to the festival. The Galway Film Fleadh is an international film festival and marketplace, receiving open submissions from hundreds of filmmakers annually, as well as applications from marketplace delegates, masterclass participants, and data from partner organisations and audiences also. The candidate would be joining a small year-round staff, which grows into a busy and bustling office as its annual festival approaches.
Candidates who are extremely organised, with a strong interest in film and matching as many of the below criteria as possible are encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in CMS, particularly WordPress
- Proficiency in database systems (training will be provided on our custom database, Eventival)
- Proficiency with digital marketing tools – e.g. photoshop, mailchimp
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems e.g. computer problems, A/V playback
- Experience in admin support or a high capacity for organisation and multi-tasking
- Provide technical support for small office
- Maintain and update website and other digital channels
- Have chief responsibility for the festival’s database
- Chip in with light receptionist and office admin duties
- The successful candidate will have regular reviews (every 4-6 weeks) during a three-month probationary period, followed by quarterly evaluations.
- Full-time, 1 year fixed contract from October/November 2019 in the Film Fleadh’s office in Galway City Centre.
- Regular office hours but evenings and weekends will be required during busy periods for which time off in lieu is offered by agreement.
- 20 days paid holiday each year in addition to statutory bank holidays.
- Salary €25,000
How to Apply:
Please email your CV and cover letter outlining your interest in this role and what skills and experience you would bring. Mark your email “Film Festival Assistant”. Please submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 5pm October 23rd.