In association with 101 Films International (one of the UK’s leading entertainment labels) is delighted to announce the shortlist for this year’s Pitching Competition Final which takes place on Sunday 15th July 12 noon in the Galmont Hotel
- Don’t Forget Your Dress (Documentary) – Liam Beatty – Alice Productions
- Nan (Comedy) – Paul Webster
- Pookaville (Animated Family Adventure) – Aoife Doyle – Pink Kong Studios
- The Italia 90 Job (Coming of Age Tale) – John Cavanagh
- The Last Moon (Supernatural Suspense/Horror) – Sean McConville – Frenzy Films
- Cuffs (Comedy/Drama) – Alan de Pellette – Aficionado Films
- Dublin is Burning (Comedy/Thriller) – Caoimhe Clancy
- Ilwind (Documentary) Anne-Marie Green
- Think on Your Sins (Historical Biopic Drama) – Jon Hozier Byrne – Stone Face Films
- Frau W (Historical Drama) – Michelle Deignan
As hosts of Ireland’s longest-running film pitching competition, the Galway Film Fleadh aims to encourage budding screenwriters to get their vision out there and to develop the crucial craft of ‘the pitch’. It doesn’t matter how good your idea is as a writer unless you can convince a director, producer, or financiers of its merits.
The finalists will have 90 seconds to pitch their idea in front of the judging panel (made up of industry professionals) and the audience. The winner will be announced at the Award Ceremony that evening in the Town Hall Theatre at 6.30pm.
This is a free event open to the public.